Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nets Game
















A guy in my ward came up to me on Sunday asking if I had plans for for the next Wednesday and if I liked basketball. Obviously I didn't have any plans and of course I like basketball. Anyways, he told me that he had tickets to the Nets game that he wasn't going to be able to use, and because they were playing the Toronto Raptors he thought I'd be a fan of a Canadian team. (I'm not a big Raptors fan but who cares).

He gave me two tickets, so I took a guy from my class that lives on Staten Island. The game was at the Izod center which a little ways inland which means a long bus ride, so we decided to go to Staten Island and pick up his car and drive to the game.

The seats were really good, as you can see from the picture.
















It was cool to see players like Vince Carter and Chris Bosh play.
I was a little conflicted about who to cheer for because I didn't go in really liking either of the teams all that much. I decided on the Raptors. They ended up winning, thanks to me.
The game wasn't all that action packed but It was fun to be there.

Because our seats were behind the basket they gave us thunder-sticks but there were a group of kids sitting behind us that couldn't use them without hitting me in the side of he head and they screamed like girls until half time, that's when they lost their voices. You can hear both it the video.

2 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Sweet hook up in your ward!!

Did you get to take your Thunder Sticks home?

Did you have pop and popcorn?

the man said...

I'm glad you have a blog, now I can keep up with you! looks like a great time in NYC, hopefully Kate will join you soon, it's gotta be tough for both of you!


a little disappointed you haven't linked me though... :)