Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Home again

Kate and Bridget are back from their trip to Edmonton for Canadian Thanksgiving. Most people (meaning everyone besides Kate and Bridget) don't know that the true way to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving is with 2+ Thanksgiving dinners, and maybe a Thanksgiving lunch if you can sneak it in, followed by a 2 and a half week vacation. I was in complete support of giving Bridget the true Thanksgiving experience. While there Bridget met lots of new people and family members for the first time.

Bridget and her cousin Preston

Bonding with Auntie Lissa. (She's the one with all the fun toys Bridget)

Kate's side of the family all together for an elusive family picture
This last weekend we decided to go out leafing. We drove just into New York state to Bear Mountain State Park. It was really nice to get out of the city and see some Fall colours. It was the first time Bridget was out in the cold for a long time and she held up pretty well. We need to make sure she's fully Canadianized before our trip home at Christmas.


Look at those beautiful trees!

(Brace yourself for the onslaught of family pictures)


This background looks like one of those that they pull down at Sears or at school picture day. I really wanted the bookcase or the laser background.
Where's the lasers?


I finished my last run to complete the nine needed to qualify for next year's marathon. All I have left to do is to do my volunteering and I'm doing it this next weekend. Registration is now open for anyone who wants to join me next year!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE bear mountain!!!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Ok, so much to comment on.

First picure with Bridge and Preston. Preston is giving his best Bob and Doug MacKensie Face.

Um, Trees? What is going on with the Mattress car? Why did you not explain that.

Please see Michaels Grade 9 grad photo. Classic lasers used there.

What you should have done is posed with your 'sears' background in the classic way. Standing with a knee up on a stool and your elbow on your knee and chin in your hand. Please again see Michaels Grade 9 Grad photo for that example.

I sure wish I could do the marathon next year. That would be so sweet. Or maybe I should just come and cheer you on.

The Steed's said...

As Andrea Patrick would say, "Preston is drunk parking it" with that expression on the park bench.
It was great to meet cute little Bridget!
I would be interested in doing the New York Marathon next year. I will have to find out how to get in. Michael and I want to go to there next year anyway, so if I could include a marathon in my travels that would be awesome.

Melissa Steed said...

I was thinking the same thing about the mattress on the car. I guess that is normal over there? I love your family photos. The background is amazing. Michael will never live down those grad pictures. Haha. I think it is funny that in your running photo everyone else looks like they are in pain and you have a big smile. Love the video of Bridget...can't get enough of her:)