Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Here in Jersey










Well I'm here! I've been here for about a week now. I found an apartment in downtown Jersey City and it's a one bedroom walk up on the second floor. It's a good size for one or two people but with my parents and Melissa camped on the floor of the bedroom for the first few days made it seem a little small.
The first week here was full of trips to Target and Ikea but we did manage to go into the city a couple of times so my parents and Melissa could do some sight seeing. Now that I have all this Ikea furniture I'm trying to air out my apartment to get rid of the smell of the particle board and the foam in my mattress. School doesn't start till next Monday so I've spend some time wondering around the neighbourhood to see what shops are around and areas where I shouldn't spend too much time. The street I'm on is a pretty nice street with all the building build around 1900 +/- 20 years. The street is tree lined and I have an Ivy plant that has climbed the back of the building and the fire escape out my back windows.
I don't have a car here, and probably won't for a couple of years, so I get around everywhere on foot or on the subway. The total time it'll take me to get to school will be 35-45 minutes. The church is only one stop away but walking to it only takes 12 minutes.

3 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Your place looks pretty sweet. I can't wait to come visit!!!!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Oh also, your street kinda reminds me of the one on the Cosby show. They aren't your neighbors, are they?

Lashauna said...

Nice place. So glad you added to your blog...I've been checking it since you went out there. Moses misses you lots!