Sunday, March 13, 2011

The devil went down to Georgia


We left Rocky Mount and pushed on to Savannah. The road kills picked up quite a bit today with raccoons still holding their own but with more of what I think were muskrats. There were long stretches of road with swamp running along the side (which is where I think all the muskrats were coming from). We actually had to turn on the A/C in the car! We made it into Savannah with time to do a quick drive around the city to see some of the sights. We're planning on taking a trolley tour of the historic district. All the trees around here are covered in Spanish moss which makes everything a little more historic and creepy feeling.

The Spanish moss in the trees here did remind me a little of Jersey City, except that the "Jersey moss" in the trees are plastic bags like this one outside our 4th story window at home. I have a new appreciation for "Jersey moss" now.

2 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Jersey moss. Love it.

Glad that you are posting throughout your trip instead of one big long post. This way you can give more details and more pics.

When you get home there will be a nice message on your machine from Grace. Wishing you happy b-day.

The Steed's said...

Oh to be outside without a jacket right now and sitting on a rocking chair! Jersey City must have cleaned up for my arrival, cause I don't remember it being so littered. Maybe I didn't have time to notice as I was running too fast to your door every night from the train station weirdos. Haha,