Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to Savannah y'all!




We took a trolley tour of Savannah's historic district. It took us past all the squares and houses of importance in the area and gave a bunch of history about them along the way. Bridget was strapped to me in her carrier for almost the whole ride until I noticed that she kept slumping forward and I realized she had fallen asleep sitting up.








B loved playing with the moss.


Andrew Low House - former home of Juliette Gordon Low, founder of the Girl Scouts, and place where the first Girl Scout meeting was held

Kate wants to buy this house and move to Savannah. However, she admits that she'd have to fly north for about 4 months in the summer. It's only March but already we felt that if the weather were any hotter it would be too hot.


Sitting on a bench in the park where Forrest Gump sat waiting for the bus


Savannah goes all out for St. Patrick's day and dyes the fountain water green in all the squares.


Just driving down the street. The old oaks covered in Spanish Moss made everything look cooler.

We finished off the day by driving out to Tybee Island 20 minutes from Savannah and taking an evening stroll on the beach.






4 comments:

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

So jealous of your trip. Looks like so much fun. I would love to go down there and see all that historic stuff.

We just booked our hotel in Montreal, so I hope that you guys are still planning on coming.

I sure wish I had your cell phone numbers so that I could call you.

Susie said...

I'm loving this daily documenting. what a fun trip. Nice to see you guys sharing the baby carrier. How cute is Bridget sitting on the beach. seriously too hot, what is that like?

BUB said...

I've wanted to go to Savannah SO badly after reading the unauthorized sequel to Gone with the Wind. Rhett's mom lives there!

Christy and Brett Bevans said...

Oh yeah, and the pics of Brigey are way too cute. I love her fuzzy hair.